|Creator:||Trinity Lutheran Church, New York Mills, Minnesota|
|Abstract:||The records include articles of incorporation; constitutions; registers of ministerial acts; membership rosters; parish council minutes; treasurers' reports; minutes and reports of clubs, guilds, and Sunday Schools; Sunday bulletins; and annual reports.|
|Quantity:||5 lin. ft.|
Incorporated in 1892 as the First Finnish American Evangelical Lutheran Church of New York Mills, the congregation was one of the earliest Finnish Lutheran bodies in east Otter Tail County, MN. The congregation changed its name to Trinity ELC of New York Mills in 1946. The collection also includes the records of two other early congregations, the Leaf Lake Finnish American Ev. Luth. National Church (the "mother church" of the New York Mills congregation, incorporated in 1889) and the Dopelius Finnish American Ev. Luth. National Church (organized in 1910). All of the congregations had a synodical affliation with the Finnish American National Lutheran Church.
The Trinity Lutheran Church, New York Mills, Minnesota collection is available for public research.
The Trinity Lutheran Church, New York Mills, Minnesota collection is the physical property of the Immigration History Reseach Center, University of Minnesota.
For further information regrading the copyright, please contact the IHRC.
The Trinity Lutheran Church, New York Mills, Minnesota Records, Finnish American Collection, Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota
Back to all finding aids in IHRC VITRAGE.