|Creator:||Saint Vitus Church (Cleveland, Ohio).|
|Abstract:||Records (1893-1957) of St. Vitus Church (Cleveland, Ohio) comprise baptism, confirmation, communion, marriage, and death registers.|
|Quantity:||3 microfilm reels.|
|Language:||In English and Slovenian.|
St. Vitus Church (Cleveland, Ohio) was organized in 1893 by the Rev. Vitus Hribar, and had a congregation of almost 1,000 Slovene Americans. By 1930, it had become, and remains, the largest Slovenian church in America.
The St. Vitus Church (Cleveland, OH) collection is available for public research.
The St. Vitus Church (Cleveland, OH) collection is the physical property of the Immigration History Reseach Center, University of Minnesota.
For further information regrading the copyright, please contact the IHRC.
The St. Vitus Church (Cleveland, OH) Records, Slovene American Collection, Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota
The baptism register is located on the Mother of Sorrows Church (Cleveland, Ohio) reel of microfilm at IHRC.A related collection at the IHRC is records of St. Lawrence Church (Cleveland, Ohio).
|Church records and registers--Ohio--Cleveland.|
Back to all finding aids in IHRC VITRAGE.