|Creator:||Romanian Orthodox Episcopate of America.|
|Abstract:||Records (1906-1975) of the Romanian Orthodox Episcopate of America, which is under the jurisdiction of the Russian Orthodox Church of North America, contain minutes; reports; programs of congresses; press releases; and sample documents. Circular letters are restricted.|
|Quantity:||1.2 linear ft.|
|Language:||In Romanian and English.|
The Romanian Orthodox Episcopate of America was officially established in 1929, although the first Romanian Orthodox parish in the United States was organized in 1904. The Romanian Orthodox Episcopate of America is the ecclesiastical center for about 50,000 Romanian Orthodox Christians in this country, with central offices located in Jackson, Michigan. Official relations with church authorities in Romania were severed in 1951, and from 1952, Bishop Valerian D. Trifa headed the church, which is now under jurisdiction of the Russian Orthodox Greek Catholic Church of America.
The Romanian Orthodox Episcopate of America collection is available for public research.
The Romanian Orthodox Episcopate of America collection is the physical property of the Immigration History Reseach Center, University of Minnesota.
For further information regrading the copyright, please contact the IHRC.
The Romanian Orthodox Episcopate of America Records, Romanian American Collection, Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota
|Church records and registers.|
Back to all finding aids in IHRC VITRAGE.