|Creator:||Federated Russian Orthodox Clubs.|
|Abstract:||Records (1943-1965) of the F. R. O. C. consist of reports and minutes of Executive Board meetings and annual conventions. Also included are convention programs, manuals for membership drives, and standing rules and resolutions.|
|Quantity:||2.5 linear ft.|
The Federated Russian Orthodox Clubs, founded in 1927 in Pittsburgh, Pa. is a religious, cultural, charitable, social, and athletic organization. It has 175 senior and 70 junior chapters in the United States and Canada. The Clubs maintain scholarship and educational funds and publish The Russian Orthodox Journal. The F. R. O. C. supports and helped start St. Tikhon's Seminary (South Canaan, Pa.) and St. Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary (New York City). It has also contributed to the Russian Orthodox Pro-Cathedral (New York City) and to construction of the War Memorial Shrine (Washington, D. C.) as well as to local parishes.
The Federated Russian Orthodox Clubs collection is available for public research.
The Federated Russian Orthodox Clubs collection is the physical property of the Immigration History Reseach Center, University of Minnesota.
For further information regrading the copyright, please contact the IHRC.
The Federated Russian Orthodox Clubs Records, Russian American Collection, Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota
|Russian Americans--Societies, etc.|
Back to all finding aids in IHRC VITRAGE.