|Abstract:||Resource files about Estonian history and displaced persons camps.|
Collection transferred to the IHRC from the Estonian Archives in the U.S.A. (EAU) in 2003-2005. It was processed as part of a collaborative project between the Estonian Archives in the USA (Lakewood, NJ), the National Archives of Estonia (NAE), and the IHRC in March 2009. Gristel Ramler and Birgit Nurme of the National Archives in Tallin, Estonia, worked with IHRC staff on the project.
17.12.1918 - n.a. Born in Tartu, Estonia. Emigrated to Austria in 1944, spent the years 1945-1950 in Germany and in 1950 went to the USA.
Collection is organized into six folders:
1. Letter from Harry Kord and list of the contents of archive
2. Collected materials about the history of Estonia mostly copied from "Eesti ajalugu", 1935
3. Collected materials about the history of Estonia mostly copied from the calendar of Estonian diaspora
4. Same as Folder 3
5. Collected materials about the DP camps in Germany (copies from different prints)
6. Collected materials about Estonian community in Detroit before the WWII (contains also biographical data about different persons)
The Kord, Harry collection is available for public research.
The Kord, Harry collection is the physical property of the Immigration History Research Center Archives, University of Minnesota.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRC Archives.
The Kord, Harry Papers, Estonian American Collection, IHRC Archives, University of Minnesota