|Abstract:||Arens was a lawyer, collection includes personal correspondence, various research papers about early Estonians (in America?), newspaper clippings. In Estonian, German, Swedish, English|
|Quantity:||5 linear in.|
|Language:||Estonian, German, Swedish|
Collection transferred to the IHRC from the Estonian Archives in the U.S.A. (EAU) in 2003-2005. It was processed as part of a collaborative project between the Estonian Archives in the USA (Lakewood, NJ), the National Archives of Estonia (NAE), and the IHRC in March 2009. Gristel Ramler and Birgit Nurme of the National Archives in Tallinn, Estonia, worked with IHRC staff on the project.
29.11.1912 - 09.01.1994 Stockholm Born in Halinga, Pärnumaa, Estonia. Emigrated to Germany in 1944 and in 1948 to Sweden.
Collection is organized into seven series and eight folders:
1. Copy of manuscript: Materjalikogu Peipsitaguste eesti asunduste kohta 1943. Aastal (About Estonian settlement behind the lake Peipsi in 1943), 316 pages (Folder 1)
2. Created and compiled materials about Estonian settlement behind the lake Peipsi, 567 pages (Folder 2)
3. Manuscripts of articles (copies), offprints (Folder 3, 4)
4. Correspondence (Folder 5)
5. Newspaper clippings (Folder 6)
6. Dispute between Ilmar Arens and Edgar Valter Saks (Folder 7)
7. Prints by Ilmar Arens (5) (Folder 8)
The Arens, Ilmar collection is available for public research.
The Arens, Ilmar collection is the physical property of the Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRC.
The Arens, Ilmar Papers, Estonian American Collection, Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota