|Abstract:||Personal documentation, passports, certificates from displaced persons camps in Germany, materials pertaining to Estonian American cultural activities in New York.|
|Quantity:||5 linear in.|
|Language:||Estonian, English, German|
Collection transferred to the IHRC from the Estonian Archives in the U.S.A. (EAU) in 2003-2005. It was processed as part of a collaborative project between the Estonian Archives in the USA (Lakewood, NJ), the National Archives of Estonia (NAE), and the IHRC in March 2009. Gristel Ramler and Birgit Nurme of the National Archives in Tallinn, Estonia, worked with IHRC staff on the project.
Members of Adamson family: Oskar Adamson 1905 - 1983, NY (wife: Jenny Adamson, married in 1931, Tartu). Jenny Johanna Adamson (Michelson) 1908 - 1991, Bronx, NY. Jüri Adamson 1933 - 1998, Bronx, NY. Tiiu Adamson 1936 - 1998. Anna Marie Michelson (Lellep, mother of Jenny Johanna Adamson) - 08.06.1951, Lingen, Germany
Collection is organized into nine folders:
1. Until 1940 in Estonia:
Documents from Oskar Adamson's furniture workshop and business activities
2. Personal documents (originals) 1931 - 1943
3. Personal and commercial documents 1940 - 1941
4. Business documents, personal correspondence, etc. 1941 - 1944
5. Occupational reference books from Oskar Adamson's funriture workshop 1942-1943
6. Educational certificates of Jüri ja Tiiu Adamson, confirmation certificate of Jüri Adamson
7. Documents from DP camp: Personal documents, correspondence
8. Personal documents 1954 - 1998 Correspondence, personal documents etc.
9. Various documents: Prints, invitations, patche, map of Estonian War of Independence etc.
The Adamson family collection is available for public research.
The Adamson family collection is the physical property of the Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRC.
The Adamson family Papers, Estonian American Collection, Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota