|Abstract:||List of books donated to EAU, info on Estonian Chess Club 1950-1970, biography, personal documents.|
|Quantity:||5 linear in.|
|Language:||Estonian, Russian, German, English|
Collection transferred to the IHRC from the Estonian Archives in the U.S.A. (EAU) in 2003-2005. It was processed as part of a collaborative project between the Estonian Archives in the USA (Lakewood, NJ), the National Archives of Estonia (NAE), and the IHRC in March 2009. Gristel Ramler and Birgit Nurme of the National Archives in Tallinn, Estonia, worked with IHRC staff on the project.
27.04.1903 - 10.12.1998 Lakewood, NJ, USA Born in Hiiumaa, Estonia. Changed his family name to Haavamäe in 1935. 1925-1944 worked in the Estonian Ministry of Interior (Estonian Police). Arrived in the U.S. approximately in 1950. Sectretary of Estonian Chess Club in the U.S (New Yorgi Eesti Hariduse Seltsi Maleklubi).
Collection is organized into two series and 11 folders:
Folder 1: Personal documents, funeral service programme, notes.
Folder 2: Correspondence with EAU and list of books donated to EAU 1978-1979.
Folder 3: Pharmacy prescriptions (1934-1942).
Folder 4: Magazin "Eesti Male" 1966 (2).
Folder 5: Book of minutes (1950-1969)
Folder 6: Chronicle of activities (clippings, photos etc.) 1950-1968.
Folder 7: Book of correspondence and several different documents (1959-1965).
Folder 8: Book of inventory (1959-1964).
Folder 9: Metropolitan Chess League Yearbooks (1957-1964).
Folder 10: Chronicle of participating in the plays of Metropolitan Chess League (1960-1967).
Folder 11: Correspondence and other documents from Hans Allik, the editor of the magazin "Eesti Male".
The Espenberg, Artur Aleksander collection is available for public research.
The Espenberg, Artur Aleksander collection is the physical property of the Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRC.
The Espenberg, Artur Aleksander Papers, Estonian American Collection, Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota