|Abstract:||Correspondence, obituary, clippings, research papers, periodicals, articles, events and memoirs in Brazil 1977.|
|Quantity:||3 linear in.|
|Language:||Estonian, Portuguese, English, German|
Collection transferred to the IHRC from the Estonian Archives in the U.S.A. (EAU) in 2003-2005. It was processed as part of a collaborative project between the Estonian Archives in the USA (Lakewood, NJ), the National Archives of Estonia (NAE), and the IHRC in March 2009. Gristel Ramler and Birgit Nurme of the National Archives in Tallinn, Estonia, worked with IHRC staff on the project.
02.03.1901-25.05.1992 Sao Paulo, Brazil Born in Pärnu, Estonia. Wife: Linda Aur. Emigrated to Brazil in 1930 with his friends.
Collection is organized into ten folders:
1. Writings, memoires by A. Aur about emigration from Estonia from 1908 to Brazil, the history of Brazil, WWII, politics, Estonian community in Brazil, personal notes etc. (1968-1981)
3. "Viljandlane sündmuste kurvidel Brasiilias. Läbielamisi ja mälestusi" 1977 (copy) (memoires about life in Brazil)
4. Miscellaneous 1938-1949: (correspondence, clippings, announcements, pamphlets, etc. about Estonian community)
5. Same 1950-1959
6. Same 1960-1968 (contains also magazines of Estonian Community in Brazil "Uus kodu" 1962-1963 and notes)
7. Same 1969-1979 (contains also materials about ESTO 1972)
8. Correspondence, obituary
9. Chronicle of events of Estonian Community in Brazil (1939-1968)
10. Newspaper clippings, magazines, draft of letter
The Aur, Alexander collection is available for public research.
The Aur, Alexander collection is the physical property of the Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRC.
The Aur, Alexander Papers, Estonian American Collection, Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota