|Abstract:||Social work (master), freelance writer, interior decorator. Active in YWCA - several positions. Husband - Alfred Äniline. Magazine "Ring haaling" 1944, Thesis in social work (1955), diploma - certificate, personal documents, Alfred Äniline's documents, AS Tartu Pank (shares), G. Äniline's official correspondence, personal correspondence, newspaper clippings, programs, Short history of Tartu Women's College.|
|Quantity:||5 linear in.|
|Language:||Estonian, German, Russian, English|
Collection transferred to the IHRC from the Estonian Archives in the U.S.A. (EAU) in 2003-2005. It was processed as part of a collaborative project between the Estonian Archives in the USA (Lakewood, NJ), the National Archives of Estonia (NAE), and the IHRC in March 2009. Gristel Ramler and Birgit Nurme of the National Archives in Tallinn, Estonia, worked with IHRC staff on the project.
23.09.1910 - n.a. Born in Pihkva, Estonia. Husband - Alfred Johannes Äniline (1908-n.a., pharmacist, married in 1935 Tartu, divorced in 1962). Until 1936 family name Änilane. Sons: Agu Äniline (1937), Orm Äniline (1942). Emigrated to Geislingen, Germany in 1944 with children. Social work (master), freelance writer, interior decorator. Active in YWCA - several positions. Baltic Women's Council, Estonian Section - Vice-President Estonian Senior Club of Los Angeles - president
Collection is organized into 13 folders:
1. Magazin "Ringhääling" 1944 (copy)
2. Thesis in Social Work "The Importance of Feeling in Offering the Service of the International Institute in a Positive Way" 1955
3. Diploma and certificate
4. Personal documents
5. Personal documents, certificates of A. J. Äniline
6. A. J. Äniline's shares of AS Tartu Pank
7. Official correspondence of G. Äniline about Soviet exit visa for A. J. Äniline
8. Correspondence with Mall Jürma
9. Correspondence with A. J. Äniline 1944-1983
10. Newspaper clippings about and by G. Äniline
11. Miscellaneous: "We Women" periodical (Vol.11, Nr. 12, 1949), bulletin of World´s YMCA - YWCA children´s Summer Camp workers "Conference at Grafenaschau. September 15.-25. 1947 U.S. Zone", West Coast Estonian Days in Los Angeles 1989 programmes, essay "Adjustment of Estonian newcomers in US" 1953 by Gertrud Äniline (in Estonian", interview with gertrud Äniline by M. Jürma 1952 (in Estonian).
12. Album of clippings, letters and photo about G. Äniline´s social activities in DP-camp
13. Documents about Tartu Womens Jr College: Lists, invitations, short history
The Äniline (Aniline), Gertrud (nee Tuul) collection is available for public research.
The Äniline (Aniline), Gertrud (nee Tuul) collection is the physical property of the Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRC.
The Äniline (Aniline), Gertrud (nee Tuul) Papers, Estonian American Collection, Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota