|Abstract:||Work permit (1943), biography, manuscript, "Estonian War of Independence", 1918 (manuscript), various ID certificates, "When the War of Independence started" (manuscript).|
|Quantity:||2.5 linear in.|
Collection transferred to the IHRC from the Estonian Archives in the U.S.A. (EAU) in 2003-2005. It was processed as part of a collaborative project between the Estonian Archives in the USA (Lakewood, NJ), the National Archives of Estonia (NAE), and the IHRC in March 2009. Gristel Ramler and Birgit Nurme of the National Archives in Tallinn, Estonia, worked with IHRC staff on the project.
21.05.1895 - 03.1981 Broward, Florida, USA Born in Tallinn, Estonia. Emigrated to Sweden in 1944 and to the U.S. in 1951. Wife: Magdalena Ermaste (09.02.1904)
Collection is organized into six folders:
1. Biography, newspaper clippings
2. Personal documents: Business card, certificates, work permit, food stamps, Magdalena Ermaste's personal documents
3. "Prisko lahing E. Muttikase täienduseks" (i.a., unsigned)
4. Greetings from Estonian Officers Organization in USA, 1980 (Eesti Ohvitseride Keskkogu Ameerikas)
5. "When the War of Independence started" by Johannes Park (manuscript, copy)
6. "Laiarööpaline soomusrong nr 2 Eesti Vabadussõjas". Stockholm, 1953. Collection contains also three empty folders, titles are not related to N. Ermaste. 12.03.2009
The Ermaste, Nigul collection is available for public research.
The Ermaste, Nigul collection is the physical property of the Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRC.
The Ermaste, Nigul Papers, Estonian American Collection, Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota